In-Ground Batting Cage Frame - 2-3/8" 13 or 10 Gauge
/ Components :: Hardware Add-ons :: Description
- Galvanized Steel
- 13-gauge or 10-gauge heavy-duty
wall (lower gauges are thicker than higher)
- 2-3/8" O.D.
- (4) 13'4" uprights
(allows 2' to insert into ground, allowing 8" of net sag and 11'4" of playable
- (2) 15' cross-member
(provides 6" buffer on each side of standard 14'W net)
- (4) 2'D PVC
Sleeves (includes Bottom Caps to prevent sinking)
- (4) Cast-Iron
Elbow joints with set-screws to secure sections (allen-wrench needed)
- (3) 30' Rolls
of 3/16" Galvanized Steel Cable
- (3) 6"
x 1/2" Galvanized Steel Turn-buckles
- (10) Ground-Spikes
(for anchoring the bottom of net into ground, to help keep shape & maximize
- (10) Frame Collar
Clamps - Anchor Points (for 2-3/8" OD)
- (35) Steel Snap-Hooks
(to connect from cable to top of net)
- (12) Cable-Clamps
- Custom sizes
are available [Contact
deluxe hardware kit to connect the net to the frame.
Our In-Ground FlexCages
are designed for fast, easy installation. Their unique design also allows quick
disassembly for off-season storage, if needed. After the PVC sleeves are set
in the ground (using concrete if desired), the frame slips together with no
bolts or pins. No tools needed other than a step-ladder, an allen-wrench for
the elbows, and a shovel for the ground holes. The frame sections can then easily
slide in or out of the PVC sleeves. Recommended area required is 2 feet wider
(1' on each side) and 4 feet longer than your net (2' on each end). Assembly
normally takes 2-3 people about 2 hours, depending on # of frame sections.
many frame sections will I need for my net?
To maintain the
best performance from your net with minimal sag, the standard is to use one
frame rib for every 12'-15' of net -- so for a 35' long cage you will need 3
ribs, for a 55' cage, 4 ribs, and a 70' cage will need 5 ribs.
*Overall net size,
thread thickness & material can all greatly impact the most appropriate
number of sections needed to maintain optimal performance. i.e. a 35'L cage
with #21 twine size will require less stability than a 55'L or 70' net using
#36, #42 or #60 thread.
tall & wide are the frame sections?
Each frame section/rib
is 15'W x 13'4"'H, which accommodates the most common net size (14'W x
12'H) -- this allows 2' of each upright to be inserted into the ground for support,
which leaves 11'4" of frame above ground (allowing 8" of sag on the
ground), and also allows for 1'W of extra room on the width (when using a 14'W
net). The adjustable 6" chains connect to steel snap-hooks to allow for
your preferred sag on the ground (to contain balls and create slack, which reduces
tension and extends the net life-span). The chain can also easily be shortened
if necessary. Each rib also includes 2 PVC piping sleeves for inserting into
ground. Custom Design is also available -- please Contact
Us for a quote.
if my net is shorter, taller, or not as wide as these frames?
- If your net
is shorter than 12', you can simply insert the frame legs an extra couple
feet to accommodate.
- If your net
is taller than 12', you can simply allow the extra net to hang on the ground,
which is recommended to reduce tension and reduce ball roll-out.
- If your net
is less than 14' wide, no problem - the net is hung on the inside of the frame
sections, so you will only need to extend the tie-offs from the frame to the
net, to compensate. This also reduces the opportunity for balls ricocheting
off the frame & hitting the batter or pitcher.
- Orders $5,000 = 5% Instant Discount and Qualify for 10% Lifetime Discount Code for online orders.
Visit our Promos Page here for more details on our best current specials.
How to Earn more Rewards:
- Register account = 500 Points ($5)
- Product review = 500 points ($5 per item)
- Testimonial = 1,000 points ($10)
- Send Photos of installed equipment (minimum of 3): 1,000 points total ($10)
- Send Video of equipment in action (minimum of 1 minute): 2,000 points ($20)
- No minimum or maximum order when redeeming points.
- Points CAN be used towards Shipping costs & taxes.
- Orders must be completely submitted online using registered account to qualify for earning and/or redeeming points.
- Points can not be "back-posted" after order has been placed.
- Points can not be redeemed for cash.
- PSI retains the right to decline use or revoke points at any time due to system glitches or unforeseen pricing changes.
- PSI may offer substitute item for equal or greater value if requested item is out of stock or discontinued.
Start earning free equipment today!