SportScape IV (Poly Blade / Nylon Thatch)
63 oz Sports Field Turf with Foam Pad
- Sold Per Square Foot
- 15'W Rolls Only (10'Long Minimum)
- NO INFILL REQUIRED
HIGH GRADE / CLEAT-RESISTANT / INDOOR-OUTDOOR / AGILITY TRAINING
Another addition to the highly popular Sportscape / no-infill family! Introducing Sportscape V's little brother - but not by much!
Weighing in at 63 oz (compared to 69 oz), this leaner version offers a more economical option for those seeking a low-maintenance field turf type product - while maintaining the benefits our clients have grown to love about Sportscape.
A truly awesome sports training turf - easy on the knees, with a "non burn" Poly face, and heavy-duty built-in Nylon blades in the base for extra shock absorption. Plus a thick 5 mm foam pad pre-installed on the back for easy installation.
Gone are the days of a maintenance nightmare in-fill product.
Here's what you can avoid with this product - while maintaining a "field turf" feel:
- NO tractor with commercial spreaders for the rubber.
- NO weekly grooming & re-application of rubber beads.
- NO concern of rubber contamination with bacteria & sweaty mildew smell.
- NO mess to sweep up throughout your facility every day!
All weather Poly long-blade with heavy-duty Nylon tufted / in-laid into base - results in a low-maintenance (minimal grooming to "fluff" over the years) with all the benefits of a "field turf" fill application.
- Rubber Cleat-resistant (will withstand some steel spike traffic due to turf tufted into base)
- Face constructed with a non-abrasive / 63 oz. 100% Polyethylene blade, with 100% DuPont Nylon in-laid into base for durability.
- Total approx turf blade height: 1" // Total approx height with 5 mm Pad: 1-1/4"
- Width of Turf Rolls: 15'
- Length: Up to 200'L with 10'L minimum.
- Color: Field Green
Is infill required?
No! This is the biggest benefit of Sportscape, and the reason it has become so popular for indoor sports facilities. Rubber infill creates a huge unexpected burden on facility owners, not prepared for the long-term maintenance aspect of owning a turf with infill. The double-whammy is when it's time to change locations, or re-sell your turf. Removing turf with infill is incredibly expensive, and very few companies can even extract the rubber. The result will be rolls weighing 5,000+ lbs greatly reducing the resale value, if any.
- Rubber Cleat resistant (will withstand casual steel spike traffic due to Nylon tufted into base)
- Long blade / soft face creates realistic "short cut grass" look & feel
- Woven Nylon thatch base - creates extra cushion & durability
- High abrasion-resistance
- Thick face creates good shock absorption during running
- Will not cause bad burns when sliding
- Great for indoor agility training, batting cages, football or soccer fields / indoor or out
- Excellent price value
This product has very good impact absorption, and works great for casual impact / agility training, such as batting cages, baseball fields, lacrosse, cricket, and light-duty soccer use.
- May flatten down in high-wear areas over time when compared to short pile "astro turf" (Nylon maintains shape better than Poly)
Overall Value Ratings (1-5):
- Durability (harsh conditions): 4.8/5
- Versatility: 4.9/5
- Shock absorption: 4.9/5 (with foam)
- Price Value: 5/5
Final Score: 4.9 / 5.0
How can I install this sports field turf?
For low impact applications, turf can be "loose laid" and work just fine. The longer & heavier roll, the better it will stay in place under traffic. The padded option is naturally heavier and will stay in place better than the un-padded option.
The best method is using glue along the edges and seams, or a full glue for a more permanent / heavy-duty foot-traffic application.
How to Order (multiply L x W):
Enter your total square footage in the Qty box above to check-out. This turf is available in 15 ft wide rolls only.
Example) If your area is 100' x 15', you would need 1,500 sq ft. If your area is 100' x 15', you would need 1,500 sq ft.
*We can't cut down the width of this turf, but this is an easy step on the job-site with a utility blade / box cutter. TIP: cut from the back-side, use a laser & chalk-line for precision.